Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers) Series, including the new G-Series, have aimed and fired great emphasis on PC gaming coming up on their 10th anniversary since their introduction in 2006. Their new G-Series is a serious and innovative upgrade with hardcore computing capabilities for the ultimate gaming experience.
Just recently, the ROG G752 Gaming Laptop was introduced with much anticipation in the gaming world. This mighty laptop is a gem of Asus and is the most news-worthy laptop being introduced for release. Why? Because the ROG G752 can run any game. Yes, you read that correctly—ANY game. It will run the popular PC game “Crysis” even.
The ROG G752 is the successor to the ROG G751 sports, with all the amazing upgrades and new, aggressive designs that include a new ROG Armor Titanium and Plasma Copper color scheme.The G752 was created so that you could play without having to turn down settings for quality, texture, anti-aliasing, shadows, etc…just to receive playable frame rates. Those days are gone.
The ROG G752 contains the latest 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor (called Skylake Core i7), up to 64 GB of DDR4 (which is 30% more efficient and 20% faster than DDR3), NVIDIA graphics up to Ge-Force GTX 980 with 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM and an optional NVMe PCIe SSD, so you can be absolutely sure that when you play LAN, that you have the confidence to rock it.
The G752 has a must-have 17.3-inch Full-HD IPS (In-Plane Switching) display with G-Sync. This gamer’s dream has a backlit, anti-ghosting keyboard with 30-key rollover that will register every key you press. There is a dedicated Record key and other ROG macro keys to program multi-key, complex commands.Most notably, the ROG G752 is the world’s first to incorporate a mobile 3D Vapor Chamber thermal system that provides more efficient cooling during gameplay. With an ROG-exclusive dust-released thermal solution for stability and longevity and a backlit and anti-ghosting keyboard, this is a gaming experience you will NOT find anywhere else. And did I mention that the 17.3-inch display is capable of 4K? No? Well, if you were worried, worry no longer. Your gameplay will be epic.
There will be three different versions of the ROG G752. Each contain the specs above except for GTX differences:
- G752VL—with GTX 965M2) G752VT—with GTX 970M3) G752VY—with GTX 980M
The G752VY is undoubtedly the beast out of the three in terms of performance and the G752VL and G752VT have a slimmer profile and are lighter and more portable. So, whatever your needs are, the G-Series have brought their A-Game.
- Two of the three new G-Series laptops are available for pre-order directly from Asus, starting at:1) $1,499 for the G752VL2) $1,799 for the G752VT
Unfortunately, they have NOT yet set a release date other than “coming soon” for the mighty G752VY—but note that there will be TWO types available upon release:1) $2,599—ROG G752VY-DH72 Intel i7 will be 2.6GHz, 32GB2) $3,499—ROG G752VY-DH78K, which is quite the price tag, but offers up an upgrade of 2.7GHz, 64GB.
- If you can afford it and are a serious gamer, these are the prices set by Asus for the marathon, intense gamer that you or those in your life must have it.
Also new from ROG are:
- ROG GX700 Water-Cooled 4K Gaming Laptop with G-Sync.
- The ROG GX700 is the embodiment of something mostly unprecedented: Asus has stuffed components you would only see in a desktop gaming PC, into a laptop’s body.
- It has an astounding 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-6820HK processor, which is one of the first mobile CPUs that a player can overclock. This processor is also known as Skylake, the latest of Intel processors. With up to 64GB of DDR4 memory and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics with 8GB of GDDR5 of memory, this is a nearly unprecedented gaming laptop. And we want to be clear—this is NOT a GTX 980M mobile graphics processor—this is the same graphics chip you would find inside one of the most powerfully made DESKTOP graphics cards that gamers are drooling over.
If this wasn’t enough, G-Sync display of 1080p or even 4K resolution is available, and stuttering and screen tearing is smoothed. And of course, this model also includes backlit keys and the other perks that the G-Series ROG has.
Now, for the coup de grace that you’ve been waiting for since reading the title above: the ROG GX700 has tradition fans to help expel hot air. However, it also has the option of having a giant external water-cooling system that pipes liquid coolant through the laptop guts to help cool the components down during serious or marathon gaming. This means the GX700’s graphics chip runs up to 43% faster, the CPU runs up to 48% faster, and the memory up to 31% faster with the liquid cooling unit attached.
While it is a laptop, the current prototype weighs in at 7.9 pounds (3.6kg) compared to Alienware M18x’s 12.1 (5.5kg), which is both a pro and con of the laptop. If the extra weight doesn’t both you and you have a gaming station anyways, this may be perfect. Another con is Asus hasn’t yet run any games to demo for tech demonstrations, so it is unknown what the actual performance factor will be.
Also, don’t expect this laptop to be for sale just yet though—Asus hasn’t finalized the design yet, so they will be fine-tuning it and are hoping to ship some out by the end of the year.
Below are some other new systems, graphic cards and displays that Asus has or will come out with in their new lineup of gaming gear.
- ROG G20 Special Edition Compact Gaming Desktop2
- ROG Maximus VIII (Extreme & Impact)—Assembly Gaming Motherboard
- ROG PG348Q Curved IPS Display with G-Sync4) ROG Matrix GTX980 Ti Platinum Graphics Card
Feel free to look up what additional gears appeal to you if you are planning on upgrading graphics cards, buying an additional display to connect during gaming, assembling a motherboard or if you want a Desktop rather than a laptop, included in the ROG G-Series, which is a special edition PC.
Dominate your gameplay and live-gaming with the Asus ROG Series. Below are links to the Asus ROG series, including the G-Series notebooks, so you can check out the specs, play with customizations, and see the designs for yourself.
Note: salivation may occur. Happy gaming, gamers.